Commissioning & Design Engineer (Cork, Dublin, Galway)
Within our Transmission & Distribution team, we design AIS/GIS substations from 20kV to 220kV and contestable build and non-contestable stations in the range of 40 to 550MVA CCGT. Connections include conventional and renewable Power Generation, Peaking, Battery Storage, DS3 and Solar PV plants and large demand loads such as data centres and process plants. We use leading-edge design and modelling tools from global technology companies to deliver innovative designs for our customers.
We are currently seeking an experienced (3+ years) Commissioning & Design Engineer to join our expanding teams in Cork, Dublin or Galway to manage the design and pre-commissioning of TSO/DSO stations and associated IPP substations nationwide.
If you’re interested in taking the next step in your career, we want to hear from you!
Primary Responsibilities/ Duties
Managing and planning a nationwide commissioning programme and supervising junior commissioners. Responsibilities will include:
- Testing of HV/MV primary plant, including:
- Circuit Breakers (IR, Functional Tests, Timing)
- Instrument Transformers (IR, Ratio, Primary Injection, CT Mag Curves)
- MV Switchgear (High Voltage Testing, Functional Checks, Interlocking)
- HV Disconnects & Earth Switches
- Protection Relay Programming & Secondary Injection Testing (Earth Fault, Overcurrent & Transformer Protection, CBF)
- Control & Protection Scheme Testing. including:
- DC System energisation and testing
- Familiarity with Control Scheme design, wiring and testing.
- Interface Testing with 3rd parties (ESB, Eirgrid, Wind & Solar Vendors)
- Managing and planning a commissioning programme nationwide and supervising junior commissioners.
- Producing HV & MV Substation Design including, Primary Plant Electrical Layouts, Control & Protection Design, Electrical Power System Studies, Earth Grid Design & LV Distribution and General Services Design
- Reviewing ESB/Eirgrid or Employer Requirements for a project and developing a concise list of deliverables required
- Producing specifications for various electrical equipment and assemblies (transformers, circuit breakers, instrument transformers etc.)
- Carrying out Power Systems Electrical Studies (Load Flow, Reactive Power Capability, Short Circuit Studies, Protection Coordination)
- Reporting to the Lead or Senior Engineering Manager on projects
Qualifications, Skills/ Experience
- Level 8 Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar substation design or commissioning role
- Experience in developing Electrical Schematics using AutoCAD, EPLAN or similar
- Experience in developing equipment layouts using AutoCAD, Primtech or similar
- Experience in Electrical Power Systems Study software such as ERACS, ETAP, SKM or similar an advantage but not essential
- Familiarity with ESB/Eirgrid Design Requirements an advantage but not essential
- Works well as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Capable of self-learning and completion of individual tasks.
- Adaptable and able to prioritise and coordinate work.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Competitive starting salary with year-on-year bonuses and salary increases
- Paid Overtime
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- PRSA pension with employer contribution
- Remote Working/ Flexi-time/ Compressed Working Week
- Personalised Career Development Plan
- Regular performance and remuneration reviews
- Cycle to work scheme
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a company at the forefront of electrical engineering projects in Ireland, the UK and Europe.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please mark your application Commissioning & Design Engineer.
NeoDyne Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be treated in strictest confidence.