Functional Safety Engineer
Looking for a new challenge? We’re growing our Risk Engineering Business and are looking for an experienced Functional Safety Engineer (Machine and Process Safety) to join our Cork-based team. You will be responsible for leading safety-related activities on cutting edge system integration, power generation and T&D systems. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company at the forefront of engineering projects in Ireland, the UK and Europe!
Primary Responsibilities/ Duties
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Participation in HAZOP and LOPA Workshops
- Development of Full IEC 61511 Safety Lifecycle, in particular, the design activity
- Safety System Hardware and Software Design
- Participation in Functional Safety Assessments
- Equipment CE Marking
- Explosion Risk Assessments
- Validation and Verification of Safety Control Systems
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working on Process or Machine Safety project delivery.
- Knowledge of Safety Standards including IEC 61511, IEC 61508, ISO 13849 and IEC 60204-1.
- A functional Safety or Machine Safety qualification would be advantageous, but NeoDyne will work with the successful candidate to meet certified training requirements.
- Works well as part of a team
- Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Capable of self-learning and completion of individual tasks
- Adaptable and able to prioritise and coordinate work
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Competitive starting salary with year-on-year bonuses and salary increases
- Paid Overtime
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- PRSA pension with employer contribution
- Remote Working/ Flexi-time/ Compressed Working Week
- Personalised Career Development Plan
- Regular performance and remuneration reviews
- Cycle to work scheme
Don’t miss this opportunity to be at the forefront of NeoDyne’s growing Risk Engineering business! Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please mark your application Functional Safety Engineer.
NeoDyne Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be treated in strictest confidence.