IT Administrator (Cork)
NeoDyne is an Irish & UK Industrial Automation and Electrical Engineering company with offices in Cork, Dublin, Galway, Hemel Hempstead and Chesterfield. We employ over 150 permanent engineers with plans to grow to 200+ within the coming year.
We are seeking an IT Administrator (graduate/junior) to support and maintain all aspects of the company’s computing & networking infrastructure across our offices. The role will involve maintaining networks, servers, employee IT equipment, and user and system administration.
This role is a full-time staff position with an excellent salary and offers exciting opportunities to work with leading-edge technologies for one of Ireland’s top engineering companies.
Primary Responsibilities/ Duties
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and maintaining networks and servers
- Upgrading, installing, and configuring new company hardware and software
- Implementing and reviewing security protocols and procedures to prevent potential threats
- Creating user accounts, reviewing user access and performing access control
- Office 365 Administration
- Supporting users with day-to-day IT issues
- Documenting and updating IT processes and procedures
- Developing data retrieval and recovery procedures
- Monitoring and managing data backup and archival
- Assisting IT Manager and team with scheduled out-of-hours DR testing
- Keeping up to date with emerging trends and threats in IT administration and cyber security
Qualifications, Skills/ Experience
We are seeking candidates with
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, information systems or allied disciplines
- 0-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- Experience with Virtual Environments
- Experience managing VLANs and managed Networks
- Works well as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Capable of self-learning and completion of individual tasks.
- Adaptable and able to prioritise and coordinate work.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Competitive starting salary with year-on-year bonuses and salary increases
- Paid Overtime
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- PRSA pension with employer contribution
- Remote Working/ Flexi-time/ Compressed Working Week
- Personalised Career Development Plan
- Regular performance and remuneration reviews
- Cycle to work scheme
Apply on LinkedIn or send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please mark your application IT Administrator (Cork).
NeoDyne Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be treated in strictest confidence.