Junior Automation Engineer (Cork, Dublin, Galway, UK)
Interested in industrial automation? Want to fundamentally change how factories work through digital transformation, IIoT and Industry 4.0? If you’re interested in an exciting new career in Automation and Compliance Solutions, we want to hear from you!
NeoDyne is a leading Industrial Automation and Electrical Engineering company with offices in Cork, Dublin, Galway and the UK. Our System Integration team provides high availability, fault-tolerant and functionally safe PLC, SCADA and Batch solutions and services across a wide range of industries, including Energy, Food & Beverage, Pharma and Consumer Packaged Goods. We also offer leading-edge Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) and Data Historian solutions that transform our customer’s business and manufacturing processes.
We are currently seeking graduate and junior engineers (0-2+ years’ experience), ideally with a background in PLC/HMI/SCADA design, to join our expanding teams in Cork, Dublin, Galway and the UK
Role and Responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and coding of industrial process automation solutions on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs)
- Production of I/O schedules
- Preparation of Functional Design specifications
- Design and configuration of user interface systems for industrial control (HMI/SCADA)
- Design of control panels and creation of panel wiring schematics
- Commissioning of control systems in the field: I/O and instrumentation testing, full testing and commissioning of automation systems
- Fault finding of control systems (PLC, HMI/SCADA, Communication Networks etc.)
You will have the opportunity to use state-of-the-art software and solutions from Honeywell, AVEVA, Siemens, Rockwell Automation and Schneider Electric.
You’ll be an integral part of the team from day one, working face-to-face with our customers on demanding projects, adding your unique perspective and skillset. You’ll be stretched and challenged but backed up by a team invested in your training and career development. We will create a personalised development plan for you, and your manager will help plan your progression, training, and professional development throughout your career at NeoDyne.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
We are seeking candidates with:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Instrument Engineering, Industrial Physics, IT or allied disciplines
- 0-2+ years experience in a project or site secondment role
- Knowledge and experience of Honeywell Experion, AVEVA (Wonderware), Siemens, Rockwell or Schneider platforms and products would be advantageous but not essential, as full training will be provided.
- Knowledge and experience in Energy, Food & Beverage or Pharma industry sectors would be advantageous but not essential. You will work on varied projects to broaden your industry knowledge and diversity your skills.
We’re looking for candidates who
- Work well as part of a team
- Have excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Can complete tasks independently, capable of self-learning
- Can prioritise and coordinate work
- Have excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Can multitask and work well under pressure
What we offer
You will enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive starting salary with year-on-year bonuses and salary increases
- Paid Overtime
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- PRSA pension with employer contribution
- Remote Working/ Flexi-time/ Compressed Working Week
- Personalised Career Development Plan
- Training Plan, including professional certifications
We operate from modern offices in Cork, Dublin, Galway and the UK, offering a high standard of amenities, parking and motorway access.
How to Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org (Ireland) or email@example.com (UK).
Please mark your application Junior Automation Engineer.
NeoDyne Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be treated in strictest confidence.