Management and Financial Accountant – Cork
NeoDyne is looking for a full-time Management/Financial accountant to join our growing team in Little Island, Cork. The successful candidate will be responsible for ownership and management of the Accounting and Administration functions of the company.
NeoDyne, an Irish management-owned company, is one of the largest industrial automation and electrical engineering turnkey solution and support services providers in Ireland with a growing UK and Europe market. Our B2B customer base extends to over 300 companies with turnover predominantly from large multinationals in pharma, high-end food and beverage manufacturing and energy sectors. Long-term relationships and repeat business are key. The company is 25 years old and currently employs 150 engineering staff with 4 office locations in Ireland – Little Island, Citywest Dublin, Galway and Kilkenny and a UK subsidiary. 15% annual company growth is planned, maintaining the trend over the company’s life.
Company accounts are currently handled by a team of three – an administration manager and two accounts technicians. Only a minimum of services are outsourced. Reflecting company growth, a full-time management/financial accountant is to be appointed to augment the team and take over roles previously handled by a director. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, dynamic engineering company. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience. Flexible working is available. A growth mindset, enthusiastic, “can-do” attitude, with an eye for good long-term relationships with customers, suppliers and business partners will fit the company culture.
- Maintaining and incrementally improving management accounting systems and processes.
- Maintaining and incrementally improving our project cost management process.
- Managing cash-flow, bank, loans and overdraft balances.
- Managing overhead costs. Developing the overheads budget and implementing efficiency improvements.
- Managing salaries and benefits in conjunction with the management team.
- Overseeing the staff and processes involved in company’s financial accounting – accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.
- Overseeing tax returns, CRO and other Statutory returns.
- Generating projections, statements and reports as required for company’s business with customers and bank.
- Liaising with company’s statutory auditors.
Ownership of Accounting Systems
- Ownership of integrated accounting and payroll systems, including Sage 50 and Paymaster.
- Basic systems analysis skills and a general understanding of how SQL databases are used and what makes for robust, efficient systems and processes is important.
- Evaluation of future options, as part of a team, e.g. migration to cloud-based computing as well as hands-on SAGE Report configuration, macros etc.
- The successful candidate will also be required to be the “hands-on” backup admin person for the accounting team.
Note: IT infrastructure including servers, firewalls, database programming etc. is handled by in-house IT.
Qualifications, Skills/ Experience
- A relevant business degree with 3+ years post qualification experience including accounting experience.
- Business IT competency will be important. Relevant IT qualifications would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of Sage 50 or similar accounting systems
- Knowledge and experience of Paymaster or similar payroll systems
- Basic Systems Analyst skills and a general understanding of SQL databases/ MS SQL would be advantageous
It is envisaged that the person appointed will not be fully skilled in all areas but will acquire the additional skills and know-how progressively over time.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Capable of self-learning and completion of individual tasks.
- Adaptable and able to prioritise and coordinate work.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Competitive starting salary with year-on-year bonuses and salary increases
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- PRSA pension with employer contribution
- Remote Working/ Flexi-time/ Compressed Working Week
- Regular performance and remuneration reviews
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a company at the forefront of automation, digital transformation and electrical engineering projects in Ireland, the UK and Europe.
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your application Management and Financial Accountant.
NeoDyne Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be treated in strictest confidence.