Process Automation Engineer – Experienced (Cork)
We are currently recruiting an experienced Process Automation Engineer to support automation systems and aid process improvement initiatives at one of our customer sites, a leading distillery in Cork. We are seeking candidates with 5+ years’ experience in validated Automation systems in Food & Bev/Pharma manufacturing, PLC programming (Rockwell Allen Bradley), HMI/SCADA (Rockwell FactoryTalk and AVEVA) or Manufacturing Execution Systems (AVEVA).
This role is a full-time staff position with an excellent salary and offers exciting opportunities to work with leading-edge technologies on an existing and a planned new facility.
Primary Responsibilities/ Duties
Your responsibilities will include:
- Configuring, optimising, and maintaining existing and future automation systems to ensure production targets are achieved.
- Troubleshooting problems with all existing and future control systems.
- Project software development.
- Configuring upgraded/new automation systems independently, and with the lead engineer onsite as well as third party system integrators.
- Ensuring all new automation systems are tested and are in line with site standards prior to implementation.
- Helping perform system administration duties including implementing access and security privileges, performing software upgrades and backing-up process data.
- Change control for system modifications and new projects. Ensuring all work executed and overseen complies with the relevant QSE and policy procedures.
- Maintaining Functional Specifications to reflect the operational parameters of the automation systems.
- Aiding in the support of network infrastructures and troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Ensuring all work carried out or supervised on the systems is in line with the local, group and industrial standard Cybersecurity policies.
- Providing 24/7 on-call support as part of scheduled rota once embedded.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Experience
Essential experience includes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chemical/Process Engineering, Automation/Mechatronics, Computer Science or allied discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience with Rockwell Allen Bradley PLCs and Rockwell FactoryTalk SCADA suite (SE, Transaction Manager, Historian)
- Experience with Device Networks (Profibus, Devicenet, Controlnet, Modbus, Ethernet)
- Experience with AVEVA (Wonderware) System Platform, Historian and Intouch SCADA (Traditional and OMI)
- SQL / VB / .NET Reporting Applications
- Experience with and knowledge of GAMP
- Good working knowledge of the ISA88 standards
- Expert PC skills with excellent working knowledge of Windows Operation Systems including Microsoft Active Directory
Desired experience includes:
- External facing firewall configuration
- Robotics and/or Cobots (Kuka type preferably)
- AI system configuration
- VMware vSphere installation and maintenance
- CISCO networking experience
- Rockwell Thin Manager experience (Previously ACP)
- MES systems experience
- Works well as part of a team, able to work across various departments on site as well as business partners
- Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills
- Leadership skills, able to work on your own initiative without direct supervision from management
- Adaptable and able to prioritise and coordinate work
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Competitive starting salary with year-on-year bonuses and salary increases
- Paid Overtime
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- PRSA pension with employer contribution
- Remote Working/ Flexi-time/ Compressed Working Week
- Personalised Career Development Plan
- Regular performance and remuneration reviews
- Cycle to work scheme
Don’t miss this opportunity to work with a leading distillery in Cork and grow your experience and expertise in cutting-edge automation solutions.
Send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com and mark your application Process Automation Engineer.
NeoDyne Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be treated in strictest confidence.