SCADA Process Engineer – Cork
We’re currently recruiting a SCADA Process Engineer to support the development and maintenance of SCADA systems for one of our customers, a national utility. We’re seeking candidates with 3+ years’ experience in SCADA/HMI programming, ideally in Honeywell Experion. The successful candidate will be based at our customer’s headquarters in Cork two days per week and will work closely with the customer’s Operational Technology (OT) Process team to deliver their SCADA and process improvement initiatives.
This role is a full-time staff position with an excellent salary and offers exciting opportunities to work with leading-edge technologies on critical infrastructure projects.
- Interfacing with the Customer OT Process team to support SCADA systems and coordinate system upgrades.
- Developing SCADA graphics and tag database configurations.
- Supporting and implementing appropriate SCADA security measures.
- Troubleshooting communication/integration issues with computer hardware, communication equipment, and other associated technology.
- Commissioning support and troubleshooting of field devices (transmitters, switches, wireless devices, etc.) that connect and communicate to RTUs and SCADA systems.
- Change control of SCADA changes.
- Generating and maintaining reports.
- Generating and maintaining documentation and user manuals.
Qualifications, Skills/ Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrument/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Physics, IT, or an allied discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar project role.
- Knowledge and experience of Honeywell Experion, AVEVA (Wonderware), Siemens, Rockwell or Schneider platforms and products.
- Experience with process historian systems and alarm management tools.
- Experience with scripting (VB, Powershell, SQL etc.) is desirable.
- Knowledge of Modbus, OPC protocols would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and experience of Utilities/ Energy sector would be advantageous but not essential.
- Works well as part of a team.
- Excellent problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Capable of self-learning and completion of individual tasks.
- Adaptable and able to prioritise and coordinate work.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Competitive starting salary with year-on-year bonuses and salary increases
- Paid Overtime
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- PRSA pension with employer contribution
- Remote Working/ Flexi-time/ Compressed Working Week
- Personalised Career Development Plan
- Regular performance and remuneration reviews
- Cycle to work scheme
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mark your application SCADA Process Engineer.
NeoDyne Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer, and all applications will be treated in strictest confidence.