Boiler House Automation
NeoDyne offers boiler house automation solutions optimised for high-availability and high-reliability utility grade service with normally unmanned boilerhouse. We work in partnership with our customers to deliver bespoke, fully tailored solutions that address shortcomings in commercially available boiler controls.
Our improvement targets include:
- Unacceptable levels of spurious burner control lockouts for normally unmanned plant. This problem tends to manifest at weekends, when low loads result in cyclic burner on/off operation.
- Long term durability issues on CHP (Combined Heat and Power) boiler controls operating base loaded at full rating load for over 95% of time.
- Boiler drum water level control to effectively eliminate all water trips.
- Tolerance to step reductions in steam demand, which typically result in excess steam pressure boiler lockouts.
- Boiler and burner controls for special applications, for example for hazardous areas with ATEX compliant equipment.
- Inadequate diagnostics and maintainability when compared to modern PLC based automation.
We incorporate the following features:
- Elimination of components that generate a large proportion of failures, for example, transmitters replacing electromechanical switches.
- Failure mode analysis removing SPF’s and creating a resilient architecture.
- Adding power dip ride-through tolerance.
- Fitting more robust igniters to eliminate fail-to-light events.
- Improving water level controls using control strategies typically used on much larger boilers and selected to match the boiler shell or water-tube dynamic characteristics.
- Reliable Safety Integrated PLC automation tailored to the site and customer’s process needs.
- High-quality fuel/air ratio control to improve efficiency and lower environmental impact.
- Boiler sequencing to optimise energy conversion efficient using the most efficient units running within optimum operating ranges.
- Designs that conform to Functionality Safety standards, including IEC-61508.
- Comprehensive SCADA supervision enabling complete fault diagnosis.